Lifting weights can help you lose weight, tone muscles, increase your metabolism, boost your confidence, increase your strength and improve your overall fitness.
But will it make you bulky?
There are many factors that can be considered, but two critical components are genetics and the food you eat.
Factors to consider.
Genetics and the food consumed (nutrients) will significantly factor into the person’s ability to bulk up.
- Genetics – the information passed from one generation to the next. The genes inherited from your parents will factor into your body’s abilities.
- Nutrients – the foods you consume will have a huge impact on your body’s ability to put on mass, tone muscles, etc. The protein, carbohydrates and fats consumed can greatly enhance your body’s ability to gain muscle mass.
Let’s talk about genetics!
Genetics play a large role in your ability to gain weight and add mass to your body frame. If you come from a family of muscular relatives you may also become a muscular (bulky) person based upon your genetics.
If your relatives are marathon runners and genetically have a slender frame you may also become a muscular person, but you may not have the genetics to gain a lot of mass. But, you can build up your body mass through healthy habits in the kitchen and the gym.
Healthy Habits start in the kitchen!
Healthy habits in the kitchen will provide you with essential nutrients your body needs to help you achieve your goals. The type of food you consume to fuel your body will impact your ability to gain weight and/or muscle.
High protein foods are very important for gaining muscle, but carbohydrates and fats are also necessary sources of energy.
It takes Discipline!
To gain mass or any other fitness goal you have will take discipline.
- Discipline in the kitchen with healthy habits
- Discipline in the gym with a consistent schedule and well throughout training.
- Discipline with your recovery and mobility.
- Discipline with your sleep schedule.
Do you need help?
The staff at New Day CrossFit can help you achieve your fitness and health goals. Our diverse group of coaches can customize a fitness plan to help you achieve your goals!
Do you want to gain or lose weight?
Do you want to learn how to lift weights with proper form and guidance?
Do you need help with your habits in the kitchen?
Do you want to chat about genetics? I can’t help with genetics but we can talk about that too!
To get some help or to start a conversation about your fitness book a 30 minute No Sweat Intro!